Owning a home is a huge part of the American dream. It is a symbol of security, stability and an asset to build wealth. After some unsteady years,confidence in the real estate market is up again. With rental prices rising and the relatively low cost of owning a home, many are choosing buying instead of renting.
Benefits of owning a home
· You can build equity in your own home
· Qualify for a number of tax deductions – write off your mortgage interest, real estate taxes and more
· Leverage your investment – even though your investment is only a portion of the home value you will get appreciation on the full amount
· Save money. Owning a home is often less expensive than rent.
· Pride of ownership – you can improve your home, take care of it, make it your own.